Save the Date
IAMFT Spring Conference 2015 - April 17th!
with Suzanne Midori Hanna
Brain Basics for Family Therapy Intervention
2015 Iamft Sc Brochure
Pre-Registration has closed.
Please join us onsite to register!
Indiana Wesleyan University - West Campus
6325 Digital Way, Suite 222
Indianapolis, IN 46278
Get Directions from Mapquest: CLICK HERE!
GRADUATE STUDENT RESEARCH AWARD
CALL FOR POSTER PRESENTATIONS
To be presented at the 2015 Annual Spring Conference
Friday - April 17, 2015
Indiana Wesleyan University West Campus – Indianapolis, Indianapolis
Conditions of the Award:
1) Be considered for the award through formal application procedures only.
2) Forfeit the award if it is awarded and the student recipient does not attend the conference. In this case, if possible, the award will be given to an alternate student. If an alternate student is not available for the award, it will be returned to the general fund to be used for an award at a future conference.
1) Please see attached application instructions. 2015 - Iamft Gsra Instructions
Submit the application by the deadline of 11:59pm on Thursday, April 2nd. Submit applications by email attachment to Emilee Delbridge, PhD – email@example.com or by mail: Emilee Delbridge, PhD, IU-Methodist Family Medicine Residency, 1520 N. Senate Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46202
1) Please see attached application instructions. 2015 - Iamft Poster Application
Submit the poster proposal by the deadline of 5:00pm on Friday, February 27th. Submit proposal by email attachment to Emilee Delbridge, PhD – firstname.lastname@example.org.
839 IAC 1-6-1 Continuing Education
Authority: IC 25-23.6-2-8
Affected: IC 25-23.6
Sec. 1. (a) As used in IC 25-23.6, "continuing education" means education provided by board-approved providers which is obtained by a licensee in order to maintain, improve, or expand the licensee's skills and knowledge. As used in this rule, "CEU" means one (1) continuing education hour.
(b) Continuing education shall be comprised of two (2) categories, Category I and Category II. The licensee shall obtain a minimum of fifty percent (50%) of the required amount of CEUs for renewal from Category I and may obtain a maximum of fifty percent (50%) of the required amount of CEUs for renewal from Category II.
(c) Category I is defined as continuing education that is formal programming, which includes the following:
1. 1. Formally organized courses.
2. 2. Workshops.
3. 3. Seminars.
4. 4. Symposia.
5. 5. Institutes.
6. 6. Home study programs, including:
A. A. computer;
B. B. audio;
C. C. video; and
D. D. instructional programs, accredited by board-approved organizations.
7. 7. Courses that are relevant to the license holder's professional skills, which are part of the curriculum of an accredited university, college, or educational institution, shall earn fifteen (15) CEUs for each academic semester hour completed, or ten (10) CEUs for each academic quarter hour completed.
8. 8. Faculty teaching a course for the first time at an accredited university, college, or educational institution shall earn one and one-half (1½) CEUs for every hour taught.
(d) CEUs obtained from Category I sponsors shall earn the amount of continuing education hours granted by the program sponsor. If the sponsor does not grant continuing education hours, then one (1) CEU will be granted for each clock hour of attendance.
(e) Category II is defined as continuing education that is self-directed, which includes the following:
1. 1. Journal clubs, earns one (1) CEU for each hour attended.
2. 2. Office in-services, earns one (1) CEU for each hour attended.
3. 3. Case conferences that are specifically designed for training or teaching, earns one (1) CEU for each hour attended.
4. 4. Services as an instructor, presenter, or supervisor in a relevant professional seminar, workshop, or training conference earns one (1) CEU for each hour of service, but only for the initial instruction, presentation, or supervision given.
5. 5. Research and publication of research results in a recognized professional journal or book form, earns ten (10) CEUs, but may only be claimed for the initial publication of the information.
6. 6. Providing peer review of another licensee's therapy and skills, which includes consultation, conference, and critique, earns one (1) CEU for each hour spent with the peer for this purpose.
7. 7. Services on boards and commissions and holding office in professional organizations, specifically related to the licensee's profession, earns one (1) CEU for each hour of service. (Social Worker, Marriage and Family Therapist, and Mental Health Counselor Board; 839 IAC 1-6-1; filed Dec 29, 1998, 10:57 a.m.: 22 IR 1512; readopted filed Dec 2, 2001, 12:30 p.m.: 25 IR 1313)
For more information regarding CEU’s and requirements, please click on the following link: http://www.in.gov/hpb/boards/mhcb/ceinfo.htm
REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
IAMFT Spring Conference 2015
with Suzanne Midori Hanna
Brain Basics for
Family Therapy Intervention
EARN UP TO 6.5 CEU's!
Pre-Registration has closed! Please join us onsite to register!
Download the registration brochure by clicking the link below:
NEWS FROM THE AAMFT ANNUAL CONFERENCE IN MILWAUKEE
Hoosier MFTs lent their voices to the AAMFT Annual Conference in Milwaukee
- The conference was a venue for cutting edge themes in the field of family therapy
- Discussion about the proposed restructuring of AAMFT
- Thanks to June Behn Watts and Amanda Browne for hosting the IAMFT table; Suzanne Coyle and Nenetzin Reyes for attending the Division Leadership Day; and Emilee Delbridge for being a workshop co-presenter - "Brief Collaboration for Family Therapists and Physicians"
MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR NEXT YEAR'S CONFERENCE IN AUSTIN LABOR DAY WEEKEND!
30-Hour "Fundamentals of Supervision" Course
$450 for AAMFT members and $500 for non members
6 - 9 pm - March 12
9 am - 5 pm - March 13
9 am - 5 pm - March 14
6 - 9 pm - March 26
9 am - 5 pm - March 27
9 am - 5 pm - March 28
Co-Sponsored by IAMFT and CTS
Contact Dr. Suzanne Coyle for more information - email@example.com
See recent posts on the The AAMFT Blog