IAMFT Spring Conference
March 21-22, 2014
Friday 7:00pm - 9:00pm
Saturday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Spirituality and Psychotherapy with
African AmericanClients and Families
Presented by Nancy Boyd-Franklin, PhD
Earn up to 8 CEUs
Download the Brochure - Iamft Sc 2014 Brochure
Register Now - CLICK HERE!
Co-Sponsored by CTS & IU Health
GRADUATE STUDENT RESEARCH AWARD
CALL FOR POSTER PRESENTATIONS
To be presented at the 2014 Annual Spring Conference
March 21-22, 2014
Christian Theological Seminary – Indianapolis, Indianapolis
Graduate Student Research Award
Conditions of the Award:
Please see attached application instructions:
Submit the application by the deadline of 5:00pm on Friday, March 7th. Submit applications by email attachment to Emilee Delbridge, PhD – email@example.com or by mail: Emilee Delbridge, PhD, 1520 N. Senate Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46202 Call for Poster Presentations.
Ann Ninness on behalf of the IAMFT Board of Directors
839 IAC 1-6-1 Continuing Education
Authority: IC 25-23.6-2-8
Affected: IC 25-23.6
Sec. 1. (a) As used in IC 25-23.6, "continuing education" means education provided by board-approved providers which is obtained by a licensee in order to maintain, improve, or expand the licensee's skills and knowledge. As used in this rule, "CEU" means one (1) continuing education hour.
(b) Continuing education shall be comprised of two (2) categories, Category I and Category II. The licensee shall obtain a minimum of fifty percent (50%) of the required amount of CEUs for renewal from Category I and may obtain a maximum of fifty percent (50%) of the required amount of CEUs for renewal from Category II.
(c) Category I is defined as continuing education that is formal programming, which includes the following:
1. 1. Formally organized courses.
2. 2. Workshops.
3. 3. Seminars.
4. 4. Symposia.
5. 5. Institutes.
6. 6. Home study programs, including:
A. A. computer;
B. B. audio;
C. C. video; and
D. D. instructional programs, accredited by board-approved organizations.
7. 7. Courses that are relevant to the license holder's professional skills, which are part of the curriculum of an accredited university, college, or educational institution, shall earn fifteen (15) CEUs for each academic semester hour completed, or ten (10) CEUs for each academic quarter hour completed.
8. 8. Faculty teaching a course for the first time at an accredited university, college, or educational institution shall earn one and one-half (1½) CEUs for every hour taught.
(d) CEUs obtained from Category I sponsors shall earn the amount of continuing education hours granted by the program sponsor. If the sponsor does not grant continuing education hours, then one (1) CEU will be granted for each clock hour of attendance.
(e) Category II is defined as continuing education that is self-directed, which includes the following:
1. 1. Journal clubs, earns one (1) CEU for each hour attended.
2. 2. Office in-services, earns one (1) CEU for each hour attended.
3. 3. Case conferences that are specifically designed for training or teaching, earns one (1) CEU for each hour attended.
4. 4. Services as an instructor, presenter, or supervisor in a relevant professional seminar, workshop, or training conference earns one (1) CEU for each hour of service, but only for the initial instruction, presentation, or supervision given.
5. 5. Research and publication of research results in a recognized professional journal or book form, earns ten (10) CEUs, but may only be claimed for the initial publication of the information.
6. 6. Providing peer review of another licensee's therapy and skills, which includes consultation, conference, and critique, earns one (1) CEU for each hour spent with the peer for this purpose.
7. 7. Services on boards and commissions and holding office in professional organizations, specifically related to the licensee's profession, earns one (1) CEU for each hour of service. (Social Worker, Marriage and Family Therapist, and Mental Health Counselor Board; 839 IAC 1-6-1; filed Dec 29, 1998, 10:57 a.m.: 22 IR 1512; readopted filed Dec 2, 2001, 12:30 p.m.: 25 IR 1313)
For more information regarding CEU’s and requirements, please click on the following link: http://www.in.gov/hpb/boards/mhcb/ceinfo.htm
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN - Spring Conference 2014
March 21-22, 2014 - Up to 8 CEUs
Graduate Student Research Award Submission:
2014 - Iamft Grad Student Award Instructions - Final
Poster Presentation Submission:
Congratulations to our Election Winners!
Treasurer: Betty Brandt
Region 1 Representative: Megan Murphy
Elections: Amy Harshman
Member at Large: Nenetzin Reyes and June Behn Watts
Associate Representative: Lidija Situm
See recent posts on the The AAMFT Blog